As I continued with the challenge, this is what I wrote for Day 4
Day 4 of the gratitude challenge, today I am challenging Diran Oladiran Amao, Segun A. Akindele, Bola Adisa, Oketoobo Olukunle Adebayo and Olusanya Sam Kuye to highlight 3 things they are grateful for every day for the next 5 days.
Today I am grateful for:
1 Health,Strength and Fitness
2. The movies,TV shows and programs that so much resonated with and changed my life
3. The remaining part of 2014.
1. Health,Strength and Fitness: ” The glory of Youth is Strength”. I am grateful for the strength to wake up every morning go to work, add value and be relevant. Thank God for health and healing, I’ve had close shavings with death (car accidents, food poisoning and all), but God saw me through it. I am grateful for my fitness, I have a long way to go so I will remain a lean mean tool in God’s hand. I want to be able to play football, tennis and swim with my kids when they are older( in their teenage years), so I am thankful to my fitness buddies, Tennis guys at Rockview Hotel, Oludolapo Ojosipe,Oluwatosin Ogunlana,Sheriff Olarewaju, special thanks to my Polo Court Buddies in Ghana, Chike Okonkwo, Protus and my coach Emmanuel, it was fun guys.
Thanks to my swimming coach, who helped me overcome the fear of water in 20 lessons, I am grateful.
I want to run the Boston or New York Marathon for charity someday in the not so distant future, so no pot belly or extra fat . Besides I need to be fit to complete my travels around the world and possibly do some rock climbing too. Eyes on the prize Man!!!
2. I was lucky to be exposed to some TV shows, movies & programs while growing up that really help form the person I am today, to those actors,directors and script writers I say thanks.
I loved Sesame Street ( 3 of these things belong together, 3 of these things are kind of the same….), Fraggle rock was awesome, then I watched sound of music( our home was modeled like them with my dad in the navy and he had special whistling sound for each child etc) my fair lady, the king and I, then The Cosby show ( the Huxtable family), my siblings and I copied everything we saw, I was Theo and my sister was Rudy, we even copied the phone etiquette and say “Lala family how may I help you”.
Then Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, wow Will Smith was something else, I learnt the jokes,copied his mannerism and all. I watched the movie The Bible and that formed images in my mind of the Red Sea and Moses, Noah and the flood etc. there was Salty the singing hymn book, we had all of the volumes ( heard songs like Jesus put the song in my heart he turn my life around, make me a servant,etc) The Manaratha singers were great. Clash of the titans was a Classic, Greek mythology tickled my fancy, I had read about Jason and the Golden Fleece, about Hercules and the likes. I gleaned a lot of wisdom from them.
There was the Graceland concert by Paul Simon for the release of Nelson Mandela! Withe likes of Mariam Makeba, Hugh Masakela, wow, that story touch me so much. I saw Titanic and witness Love in a different way, then Russell Crowe was awesome in a Beautiful Mind and Gladiator. I watched Friends, all of the seasons, Joey was my best character. I can go on and on and on, I have serious concerns when I see what people watch today and it reflects in our society now.
I am thankful for the late 70’s, early 80’s and 90’s
3. I am so thankful for the remaining part of 2014 as I know there will be a performance of the things spoken by God to me. He will crown this year with Glory, Honor and so much blessings.
Ears will tingle when they hear the things that I’ll happen in these EMBER months of 2014.
I will call for parties and I do hope you will come to celebrate with me.